Discussion

Whether you have a question, a comment, or just some free time, feel free to send me some feedback!

For those of you who would like to contact me more formally or privately, feel free to send me an email here (via my Contact page).

~SonofYHWH

From the blog

95 thoughts on “Discussion”

1. Hey William!
      Long-time-no-text, hey?
      Yeah, I can see that dilemma…I can’t think of anything at the moment that might help…except for perhaps Ultimate Guitar.
      Ultimate Guitar is awsome! They have pretty much every song I’ve every wanted to play; it’s basically the Music Wikipedia!
      It’s called Ultimate “Guitar,” but if you are looking for piano sheet music instead, I believe you can simply create a free account with them and access their notation sheets.
      Let me know if that works for you…if not, let me know and I’ll contact some of my buddies for their ideas.
      🙃

Liked by 2 people

1. I think they have a sale on whatever “plans” they have available right now, but I think that the plans are primarily free.
        (Disclaimer:
        I’ve never created an account with them…I might soon, but my advice is simply that from my view of the outside looking in. So far, I have not needed a plan.)

Liked by 2 people

2. Alright!
        No problem, it was actually one of the last tabs I was going to check before telling you that I couldn’t find it! Then I found it…and had to erase my comment. : ( … I mean : )
        hehe…

Great! Look forward to it!
        Idk how you usually learn sheet music, but maybe you might be interested in trying these methods:

Method 1:
        a. You start learning the parts that you know will be hardest to learn FIRST.
        b. You save the easiest and most beautiful parts to the LAST (keep them as a sort of reward to learn once you finish the hardest parts)

Method 2:
        a. You start at the END of the piece and work your way BACKWARDS to the beginning (don’t think I am saying to PLAY this backwards, just start at, say, measure 75 and learn that…then learn measure 74 and 75…then learn 73, 74, and 75…and so on)

Method 3: – To be combined with either of the aforementioned methods –
        a. Announce that you are going to learn this song and upload it to YouTube for all to see. Have blogger/Youtube views and friends and family you personally know hold you accountable to finish.

Liked by 1 person

3. Those are interesting methods. What I usually do is the simple and straight forward way, I just start at measure 1 and work my way from there. It’s worked for me many times before. But thanks for the ideas. If I really get stuck learning a piece I might try one of these ideas.
        I started learning the intro today. It’s awesome! I love all the cool cords and stuff. It’s fun having a hard challenge to work on, and I’m super motivated to learn it, because once I have it good, I can put it on YouTube.

Liked by 1 person

4. Yeah, my teacher once said something like:
        “Once you can play it a hundred times slowly, than you can speed it up.”
        Me: Tries to play it as fast as I can right away and makes every mistake possible.

Liked by 1 person

1. Wow, that’s nice of you to ask!
      One thing I’ve been praying for is that I would be able to witness God do something (so that I would have a stronger faith). That’s a huge thing for me right now.

Thanks so much for asking!
      Is there anything that I can pray for you?
      God bless you as well!

Liked by 1 person

1. Ok, I will be praying about that!

Hm… I have really been praying about what the Lord would have me do with my life.
        There’s a professional Christian ballet company that I went to for an intensive this summer, and I really felt at home and at peace there. So I’ve just been praying about weather that’s somewhere God would have me work and use my giftings to better His kingdom, and to witness to non-believers through my dancing. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Thank you!
        Yes, I’ve been dancing since I was 2 and a half, and it just seems like that’s where God is using me to minister to those around me. I’ve also been so so blessed to be able to go to a Christian ballet school. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Whoa, that’s pretty young to start dancing! Good for you for sticking threw it!
        Yes, going to a Christian facility/organization can really make a huge difference (especially with sports (idk if you call ballet a sport, but the principle applies)).

Liked by 1 person

4. Yes for sure it is a huge blessing to be in a Christian atmosphere.
        (And yes, I would definitely call ballet a sport; after all, football players take ballet classes to help with strengthening lol 😆)

Liked by 1 person

1. Howdy! Got a question for you. Is it posable for a cello to play the melody for the “You Raise Me Up” piece you got me. It looks like the melody is meant to be sung, but there’s no good singers in my family.😉

Liked by 1 person

1. Working in a palette factory. 10 hr. shift, Monday through Thursday. My bro Jonathan and my dad work full time, but until I turn 16 I have to do school, (which means only one more year of school!!!!!😁👍 I’m only working Mon. and Thurs.

Liked by 1 person

2. A few different things. Sometimes I feed the machine that makes the pallets, sometimes I make the pieces that go into the machine. Other times I have to rip apart the pallets that the machine busted and put them back together with the air-nailer.
        The reason is because after sixteen I and my brother are (Lord willing) going to take our drivers course, and I and my parents agree that doing another grade of school is not necessary, and that moving on in life would be better.

Liked by 1 person

3. Oh, okay; nice!

Yeah, I agree. I think we are on the same page. I think it’s not about school, but more about learning. So perhaps learning won’t be your full time “occupation,” but the learning should never stop. You could even do the next grade of school over the course of 5 years…as long as you continue learning.
        That’s the way I look at things, anyways. I don’t consider myself “in school,” I consider myself using the RPC as a resource from which I learn.

Liked by 1 person

4. Yes, I did say that at one point…I do want to be able to fix my own things (all of them, lol), but I’ve since realized that paying others to save you time (so that you can earn money) is what business is all about. It’s all about the exchange. It’s okay to pay people for certain things. The time I would have to spend learning how to fix stuff, becoming certified to fix stuff, and then actually fixing stuff might not be worth simply paying someone to fix my stuff for me or just selling the broken item and buying a new one.

Don’t get me wrong; I still want to fix SOME things, but I’m not the obsessive compulsive “independent mechanic” guy I used to want to become.

What about you? What’s your financial/business goal? Where do you see yourself at your dream job?

Liked by 1 person

5. Oh, OK.
        My dream would be to own a few machines like a bulldozer, and an excavator, and then starting an excavation business. I know of a guy in our area who owns a bulldozer, excavator and dump truck, and he’s been very successful.
        What’s your dream job?

Liked by 1 person

6. Oh, nice! I know a guy who is very “mechanically minded,” and once owned a tool rental business. That way, he fixed his tools, and the rentals helped to pay for the price he payed for them.
        I’m also pretty sure he bought 99% of them used, lol!

Idk…I don’t really want a “job.” I only really want to support myself and my family as much as we need (and also what we want), and not waste any more time apart from them than necessary.
        But it would be nice to have a few luxuries as well, I guess. Does that make sense?

Liked by 1 person

7. Definitely the former! I am NOT wanting to get a basic job, lol!
        To spend large quantities in one’s day doing something that one doesn’t value or truly appreciate seems like a wast of one’s life…to me, anyways.

Liked by 1 person

2. Howdy there! What’s you’ve been up to? Over here me and my bro are thinking of making a short film like Colton. Except more of a action movie. Were planning on basing our ideas off from our recourses. Were planning on it taking place in the winter. Any ideas?

Liked by 1 person

1. Hey William!
      I’ve been trying to get my life back in order. School break in general is pretty nice, but it gets you out of the rythem and then it becomes painful to get back into that healthy rut.

Sounds awesome!
      What are “recourses?”
      Hm…ideas? Nope. Don’t have any. Actually, I’ve never had any.
      Jk. What kind of ideas are you looking for?

Liked by 1 person

1. Well, we have four dogs, 1 toy gun, a lot of land and woods, 2 cameras and 1 microphone, and not a whole lot for costumes. I’m not sure what a guy can do with all that!
        An action movie with lots of adventure in it. Maybe si-fi. I’d also like to incorporate a good message in it.

Liked by 1 person

2. Idk…I mean, what are you into? What are your major hobbies or top things you enjoy?
        What makes you get up in the morning (not food or the bathroom…something other than that…ANYTHING other than those)?

Liked by 1 person

3. Well the theological answer to “what makes me get up in the morning” is, while I’m still on this earth, God has work for me to do, and that may vary from day to day, and sometimes it just doing the same thing day after day.
        But I’ll admit, many times my feelings aren’t in line.😆
        Now as to hobbies or things I enjoy, here are a few:
        Hockey
        Soccer
        Dogs
        Drawing
        Music

Liked by 1 person

4. Yeah, but specifically. What are you working towards for GOD!

It sounds like you don’t know yet…that’s okay.

Let me change the question a bit:
        What is your biggest earthly goal?

3. I saw you wanted an update on our short film idea, (I was just taking a look at my bro’s last post). Well, now I’m starting to have my doubts about the game warden idea. We’re just not convinced that a movie about pooching will be very interesting. I’m starting to have some thoughts about a detective / action movie. And we’ve trashed the idea of doing it in the winter. The cold weather we get over here may damage our equipment.
    BTW, we just got a tripod for our camera. Should be able to take more stable videos now. You’d think a tripod would be standard equipment, but we’ve done without one for a while now. 😂

1. Lol, yeah. 🙄 I had no idea that Luther being accused of being a drunkard was the same thing as Patrick believing in Scripture.

Liked by 1 person

2. Really? Bruh, direct me to the rock you live under that I may free you from sanity.

Jk. I get how it happens; people have all these mental connections that they feel compelled to share.

Liked by 1 person

3. *points* See that rock right there. That’s the space rock I live under, pulling me out can mean disaster.

Lol, I like how you refer to them as “mental connections”.

Liked by 1 person

1. It just says “okay” from Iman.

The only reason I saw it was because I was trying to fix something with the spammed comments.

Liked by 1 person

1. Sure; I might be a little off, but I think this is generally how you do it:
      1. Click on the Left-hand corner of your screen; there should be an icon that says “My Sites.”
      2. Scroll the left-hand side bar until you see “Settings.” Click on that.
      4. Scroll to the bottom. The third “bar” from the bottom should say, “Change your site address.” Click it.
      5. Look up and see that you didn’t realize that I skipped three.
      6. Select “Add Domain on the top right-hand side of your screen; should be surrounded by a pink square.
      From there, I think it should be pretty easy to change.

Liked by 1 person

Leave a comment

Act Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God

Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started